Forgive

4:00 p.m.

"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory." - Albert Schweitzer

This is a quote that I have listened from many successful marriages. Why? Because In our mortal life, we will be under the weakness of the flesh, and we will make mistakes, and the relationship will need to exercise the forgiveness.

As Elder Lynn G. Robbins said: “The family is also Satan’s primary target. He is waging war on the family.” This is because we must to learn to forgive, and to make and repair successful attempts.

These principles will help us to receive the family blessings that God is preparing for us.

Gottman teach us the book how to solve our marriage problems through 5 principles. And, I would like to share how I practice this principle in my family.

Soften your Start-up:  In my family, sometimes, the soften is a hug. My mother hug us, and say us that she loves us, but she is not happy with our action regarding to something.
Learn to make and repair attempts: When I was a child, making and repairing attempts wasn’t an election. Frequently, my parents forced us to ask for forgiveness to our friends, family, and others.
Soothe yourself and each other: My little sister is the master in this aspect. When we are complaining her, she says something that make us laugh. It is impossible scold her. In the last years, all family members have adopted this behavior after make a mistake, and this makes us more relaxed during troubles.

Compromise: This tend to be the most difficult point. The lack of compromise is the reason because sometimes we need to solve again a problem that we discussed in the past. The compromise requires patience of every member of the family or marriage because sometimes is not easy to make changes.
Be tolerant each other faults: As I said before, we are not perfect, and we make mistakes. In my family, every member have different weakness, and we have learned to accepted like they are.


You Might Also Like

0 comentarios